Start searching on ShackPrices.com
After getting great feedback from our beta testers, improving the site and squashing bugs, we’re opening our doors to let the public start searching for homes on our map-based real estate search site, ShackPrices.com.
What is ShackPrices?
ShackPrices.com is a snappy Google maps-based real estate search site that makes finding a home better by augmenting each real estate listing with data about what is nearby, including the distances to nearby landmarks, nearby schools and nearby bus stops. ShackPrices also helps home buyers learn about cities and neighborhoods through reviews, statistics and photos. Home buyers can search for shacks (shabby to chic, of course) across all of Western Washington on ShackPrices.com.
What makes ShackPrices.com different?
You’ll spot some obvious things that differentiate ShackPrices.com right off the bat, including information about what is nearby every listing (check out the surroundings near this Fremont listing) and Suggested Shacks, which predicts houses home buyers might be interested in if they like any of the 20,000+ houses for sale on ShackPrices.com.Once you get past the obvious differences, the subtle features that set ShackPrices apart will become more apparent including:
- Fast searches
- Statistics about the shacks that match each search (for instance, older, 2+ bedroom homes in Clyde Hill average $534,000)
- RSS feeds for saved searches
- Daily or weekly emails of new homes that match your saved searches
- Information about the real estate market in every city and neighborhood in Washington (Ballard, Seattle for instance)
- Photos of selected neighborhoods and cities (like Fremont, Seattle)
- The ability to search by neighborhood
ShackPrices is still in its infancy, so expect more handy features in the coming year and please let us know how we can improve your experience.
-The Shack Team