If it’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Then like the British Empire, Estately can claim that the sun never sets on our empire (we just went live!)
A couple of pieces of trivia you might not know about Philadelphia:
- Philadelphia has more public art than any other city. While you might argue art is in the eye of the beholder and that no city could actually hold a record like this it, the bronze cast Rocky statue begs to differ with you.
- It’s known as the “city of firsts” because so many of the country’s firsts happened there. The tradition carries on today: Philadelphia is home to more “First!” blog commenters than any other city in America.
- In what seems like a fateful combination of factors, it is the fifth most walkable city in America AND, due to government restrictions on liquor license, home to dozens of BYOB restaurants, making eating out and drinking a little too much cheaper and safer than anywhere else in the nation.
- Philadelphia is also home to closely watched nesting urban hawks. Yes, you can watch them live on camera, but the truly dedicated buy a home one block away on Woodstock or Race Street (three currently available).
The Philly blogs we are reading:
- Uwishunu. Don’t miss the best brunches in Philadelphia.
- Grubstreet Philadelphia. The “Openings” and “Closings section in the upper left should be mandatory for all food blogs.
- Foobooz Philadelphia. Take one day a week for the next year to traverse their Top 50 Philadelphia bars.
- First In. First In is a blog that probably gets far less thanks for the service it provides than it deserves.
- East Coast Creative Blog. While technically in Bucks County, the formerly Real Housewives of Bucks County not only have enough time to do all the stuff to your house you wish you could do, but to document it sufficiently to induce great guilt in readers.
As a Seattleite, there is nothing worse than a “it rains there and you’re all like Frasier” comment. I can’t speak for Philadelphians, but I would be much prouder of It’s Always Sunny and Cheesesteaks. So Philadelphia, the Estately team raises an honorary cheesesteak to you (thank you Tat’s!).